cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All Recently purchased an '87...

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor

Hi All

Recently purchased an '87 268 Sundancer for a trip along the Trent-Severn waterway next summer.  Would appreciate any tips from those that have been there before me!

We're planning to start at Trenton and run right through to Georgian Bay.

Any hidden gems, places to avoid etc?

Thanks

Rob

8 REPLIES 8

Rafael
Guest Contributor
The Ports book for the Trent Severn is a good investment

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
Thanks, I'll look out for that one. Is it published by Parks Canada?

Oscar1
Guest Contributor
How long do you have for the trip?
There's hundreds of great spots to stay at and anchor out at along the way.
We're doing the opposite from Lake Simcoe as we were out in Georgian Bay last summer.

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
We've seen aside 3 weeks. Really looking forward to finding some of those anchorages. Did you use a guide or just find a spot as you travelled along?

Oscar1
Guest Contributor
Not much for you until you get to Lake Simcoe then there are a lot along the northeast to north end of the lake. Check out Deep Bay in Sparrow Lake after Lock 42.
Check out Frying Pan Bay at the north end of Beausoleil Island near Honey Harbour as well as Beckwith Island (east side and west side depending on the weather) And anywhere along the bay towards Parry Sound has some great spots to throw a hook for a day or three. The Ports Book is also the best for places along the way. You can get one at almost any marina or boating store.

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
Thanks for those. We're hoping to have enough time to explore around Beausoleil Island at the end of our trip. Looks like a beautiful spot!

fast_Eddie
Guest Contributor
Nice spot between lock 43 ( swift rapids ) and 44( big chute), lunch at Waubic Inn Restaurant , then anchor at Lost channel. another place to anchor between lock 44 and 45 is Borrow bay in Gloucester Pool, you can also have lunch at the Damm Grill , right before entering the lock 45 .

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
Thanks for those, I've added them to our itinerary. The lost channel looks like a great anchorage!