cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have a 2016 SLX full...

CaptainJ
Guest Contributor

Anyone else have a 2016 SLX full of issues?  

I have to many to list but the big one I want to know about is the O2 sensors.  I have Captains choice and cant keep a O2 sensor in it for more then 10min with out it failing and throwing a code.  Searay's answer to it was to plug up the through hull exhaust and install the normal through prop exhaust.  Mercury is telling me that all 8.2 motors put into Searays with through hull have OI2 sensors fail and no one will fix the problem.  

Just wondering if anyone else has O2 sensors failing with through hull on the 2016 SLX with a 8.2l.  (The other 4 2016 SLX's in my marina have no such issue.)  If it is such a common issue that cant be fixed why are they still selling the through hull as a option?  

Just looking for feedback from other owners. 

1 REPLY 1

somefun
Guest Contributor
Seems like Mercury should be willing or able to help you with this issue since both the motor and the Captains Call Exhaust are used in many types of boats and not Sea Ray specific. Also, the 8.2 has been around for many years. I wonder what is different in your 2016 application. I'd keep after Mercury for a solution. Good luck! (Your boat looks awesome, by the way!)