cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any ideas how to repair...

Ken_Virt
Guest Contributor

Anyone have any ideas how to repair float/gas gage on a 2011 240 sundeck?  The gage jumps from full to 1/4 back to half.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Probably not gauge if it has ability to show empty and full. And if I am wrong only repair would be to replace. Most likely it will be sending unit in gas tank. If you look at tank under deck you will see a round piece with fuel lines and wires going into tank. That is not only one of the fuel pumps but sending unit as well....good luck

mike_v_
Guest Contributor
Could be a loose wire. Ck on the back of the gauge and also at the sender unit on the tank. Could also be a bad sender unit in the tank.

MoparBob
Guest Contributor
It may be a bad sender unit. I replaced the stock sender in my boat with a reed type from WEMA USA. It is not the traditional float/lever type but rather one where the floating mechanism rides up and down on a stainless steel shaft. It is very accurate with no oscillations even when the boat is rocking like a sea-saw. No modifications to the existing tank are required so installation is a cinch. Worth every penny. It could also be a bad wire connection which can be checked for continuity between the gauge and the sender unit.

JERRY_OR_DIZZY
Guest Contributor
I concur with all of the above. Replace the sending unit.