cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a new 2018 Sea Ray 210 SPX...

dom_depolo
Guest Contributor

Bought a new 2018 Sea Ray 210 SPX OB with the Merc Verado Pro 200 engine factory installed.  Got the bigger engine so that I could pull skis, boards, tubes, etc.  The engine sits 2 inches higher than the stock ski pole.  Impossible to tow.  Can not use Y harness on tie down hooks because they are at or below water level.  Engine and pole installed properly according to dealer (Marine Max) and Sea Ray.  Sea Ray has been dealing with this problem since July of 2018 and still no resolution.  I have been getting monthly updates from Marine Max saying that Sea Ray is working on it.  So far no resolution.  Very poor customer support from Sea Ray.  Anyone else out there have this problem?  I can not be the only fool that bought this set up!

3 REPLIES 3

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
Wow, the engineer should be terminated! Sorry to hear this. If there is an arch option with ski pylon for that size boat ask Sea Ray for it to resolve your issue. If not they should take your boat back and replace with a new one without question. Good luck!

Hugo
Guest Contributor
Check out Insanity Pylons. Got one last summer and it's easy to put up and take down, still plenty of room on board and best of all it gets you out of the water easily. With my bimini I got the 6' pole. If you don't have any height challenges, get the 7'. Have fun.

ryanwilliams198
Guest Contributor
You can get a turbo swing they mount to your transom and go around your outboard