Did you mean: 

Has anyone installed Seadek on...

kim_a_allen26
Guest Contributor

Has anyone installed Seadek on their boat? I have a 2020 SPX 210

11 REPLIES 11

SCJeep
Guest Contributor
I added SeaDek on the transom walkthrough where the factory stopped in 2016. I did custom templates and had SeaDek make them to match the factory teak look. It gives the boat a much more finished look.

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
I have also installed it but only on the swim platform. It’s not hard. Just take your time and tape down one side good before starting with the other side. Then get a linoleum roller from your hardware store to make sure it’s pressed down evenly.

Kevin7
Guest Contributor
I've added to my swim platform as well as the transom entry and anchor cover on my 240SD. It looks great and I've had for 2 seasons with no problems.

GPK
Guest Contributor
I added it to my 2004 240 SunDeck. My boat originally came with carpet that was worn out so i went with pre-cut SeaDek throughout the entire boat and swim platform. I love the way it looks and its comfortable too. Easy to install, just take your time. I thoroughly cleaned with Acetone and then split the backing tape of each piece down the middle so you can set it first and then remove and set the rest. I think you will be really happy with the results.

Fletch_F__Fletc
Guest Contributor
Sorry if I missed it -- where can you buy SeaDek?

Kevin7
Guest Contributor
Fletch - www.seadek.com They have quite a few templates already.

Fletch_F__Fletc
Guest Contributor
Thanks, @Kevin Leman. I was on their website and it doesn't appear that they have my model (2019 210 SPX) "in stock" / "pre-templated". I'll call or email them to inquire. Parts of my boat already have SeaDek installed, looked to fill in the rest.

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
Def call. They’ll have a template for it. They have most

Fletch_F__Fletc
Guest Contributor
10-4! Will do!

Kevin7
Guest Contributor
They didn't have an exact template for my '07 240SD, but they had an '06 and there wasn't much difference. I had a small bit of trimming to do, and that was it.

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
Sea dek will not sell you their pre-made template version for your 2020 model, the factory owns that template. You will need to overpay for it from the dealer, or make a template of your boat.