cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all - new sea ray owner of...

harjsdhillon
Guest Contributor

Hello all - new sea ray owner of a used 2019 190 obx, couple of orientation questions, is this the best group for this model, not a user friendly site but i think there are no model specifc subgroups, and then —Specifically  1) how do I order spare key 2 ) and other accessories 1) bimini top 2) sea deck flooring, or carpet, a table

oh yes, where the heck do you stow the anchor? The front storage is very small    

thank you for your help and guidance

first time boater!

-Harj

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck w/ your new boat.

This factory site has many helpful members.

1) Spare key is available by specification / selection of key number from FP Marine. They also have some tables.

https://www.fpmarine.com/

1) OEM bimini top from many vendors, such as Great Lakes Boat Top.

https://greatlakesboattop.com/

That 2019 SPX 190 OB has several compartments that appear sufficient for anchor / rode stowage, such as the large central one under the floor and the aft transom locker.

For a first time boater, my suggestions, have the entire family take a boating safety course, such as these approved by the USCG.

https://www.boatus.org/free/#state

The Chapman Piloting book is THE reference document and should be purchased / read. It is frequently called The Bible of Boating.

Get a towing service in case the boat fails to return to dock to avoid a HUGE charge.

Ensure all the appropriate safety and spares equipment, tools and parts are carried on board. A wrench at home in the tool box isn't helpful to restore operation while floating. Unwrapped / correct / available life jackets MUST always be carried for every single passenger. There are lists of required equipment. Ensure at least the minimum is always satisfied. My pile of functional flares w/ expired dates stopped increasing in size when I purchased a battery powered LED flare.

https://www.boatus.org/free/#state

Have fun.

wingless
Rising Contributor
It is important for salt water operation to include flushing the engine after usage, such as with Salt Away.

MWH54
Guest Contributor
Welcome! I have a 2016 model...salt water usage here in Florida.

Whole-heartily recommend having SeaDek flooring installed. Better grip, easy on the knees and easy to clean after use. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Many color combinations available. Here's the template for the sections for the 19 SPX for your reference.

Enjoy your boat!

harjsdhillon
Guest Contributor
@Paul Ferrara Thank you fo rthe great beginner tips. After six months of research on m own, you still taught me some things. While I took the safety course, I didnt' think about the family, and thats a great idea - becuase right now they are not familar with the idea of being part of the crew and not passengers! And while i was aware of the engine flush with freshwater, wasnt' aware of the salt away product or the LED flare - thank you so much ! Going to check out the sites for all the accessories. @Mark Hohe - My 190 was actually from Florida, got it inspected, purchased and then hauled up to NJ ! I love the look of the SeaDEck, so thanks for sharing the template - glad to hear its easy to clean. Appreciate the warm welcome and tons of good info - I need to save thee threads !

ss454trk
Guest Contributor
There is a sea ray under 24 group on facebook that you may find helpful. there is also a sea ray group. i am guessing your boat has an anchor locker in the bow. you have to find a small anchor that will fit in it. i have an older 185 and the anchor in the locker is pretty small but does the job. i have a larger one i stow under my rear bench seat. for a key i went to my local lock smith and had a couple made. you can probably also get one at your local Mercury dealer. tops, a lot of folks mention great lakes boat tops. a local boat canvas shop could also hook you up. Hope this helps and welcome to the sea ray fam!! and you are certainly right about this forum not being user friendly...

harjsdhillon
Guest Contributor
Thank you @James Broyles - No anchor locker in the bow but plenty of storage in the back, just got to make sure I clean it off nice with I pull it back in off the bow! And thanks for the facegroup tips too - will check there

ss454trk
Guest Contributor
You are welcome!! Love my anchor locker!!

gmaddox
Guest Contributor
We just bought a 2021 190 SPX and when it was delivered, the anchor was in the ski locker in the floor.

gypsmjiminc
Guest Contributor
The 190 doesn't require a HUGE anchor. It fits quite nicely in the bow under-seat storage along with 150' of line. I mounted a SS eye bolt thru the side to tie off the bitter end.

harjsdhillon
Guest Contributor
Thanks @Jim Seufert Both anchors were in the stern compartment, I'll move one up to the bow, so I don't drag saltwater all the way through the boat when I pull it in! No tip is trivial - sincerely appreciate the comment!