cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I just purchased a 2006...

3Stripe
Guest Contributor

Hello. I just purchased a 2006 185 sport (no tower, with swim platform) and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good custom cover? The boat only had 1 owner and 58 hrs on it so it's like new and I want to keep it that way. I will be trailering it from lake to lake and storing inside for the winter months. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Bernie
Guest Contributor
Contact Michigan Canvas. They make the original canvas for Sea Rays. Give them your year and hull number and they will produce a perfect replacement. Also, Never tow your boat with the canvas on. The wind turbulence on the canvas will damage your jellcoat.

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
Thanks Bernie. It comes with these snap on mooring covers, am I able to trailer with those?

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
Back end...

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
Both the bow and cabin come with poles in the middle.

Bernie
Guest Contributor
3 stripe: If you really like your boat, don't take the chance of towing with canvas attached. You may be able to polish out the jell coat with 1500 grit wet-or-dry but why chance it. Canvas and towing wind = damage. Bernie

Skip_R
Guest Contributor
On the topic of trailering:

Does anyone have any experience with trailerable canvases, such as the ones from Carver custom covers? I Trailer my boat approximately 2000km every summer and I am looking for some added protection for the interior of my new Sea Ray.

Also does anyone have experience with Sun-Dura? I want to know how it holds up when compared to Sun-brella.

cash
Guest Contributor
Westland boat cover: custom fit. Have on my Sundeck 200

nanners
Guest Contributor
Overton's sells westland and other major brands for reasonable prices. We have a 240 sundeck. We went for the extra dollars and bought WATERPROOF - Not water resistant; so we have 0 maintenance on it. Resistant means you have to re-spray with a fabric protectant eventually; which means water inside the boat if it soaks through. We trailer ours all the time and store outside in warm weather (We live in the Midwest). We are watertight.

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
Bought a Westland cover from iboats, free shipping. Got the custom sharkskin supreme SD. We'll see how it works.

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
They also offer a veteran discount if you call to place the order.

nanners
Guest Contributor
WOW - thanks! Did not know that: Retired Air Force.

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
So was I. Rhein-Main and McGuire.

nanners
Guest Contributor
I was in the 37th TAS from '77 to '80 . . . now I'm a retired c130 loadmaster.

3Stripe
Guest Contributor
Blue Tails, worked with you all the time. I was 4th MAPS from '92-'94. When not deployed I worked ramp.