cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All,Just purchased a 2017 21...

Jeff_H
Guest Contributor

Hi All,

Just purchased a 2017 21 SPX. Got a good deal since hte dealer was trying to get all the 2017s out of his showroom to make room for the new ones. We love it so far, no complaints.

Only real question I had for the group is: anything to look out for? known issues? Especially with the Merc 4.5 since I understand it is relatively new design.

17 REPLIES 17

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
hello, we also have a 21spx of 2017, mercruiser 4.5, 250hp, equipped with a gps. No worries with the boat, except vibrations (windshield vibrating) when accelerating, not slow motion! Do you know this problem? thank you!

IRBKEV
Guest Contributor
We have the exact same boat with the same problem. One of the screws on the windshield bracket already backed all the way out.

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
Apart from this worry, no other problems! Is there a solution to eliminate these vibrations? Have you ever talked to your dealer? This comes I guess the propeller !? It would be nice to be able to solve this problem for next season! Thanks ☺️

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
Another image ☺️

Tames
Guest Contributor
Hi, Would recommend using Vesselview mobile. The engine is great but it also contains a great amount of sensors which can break. The vesselview mobile app can save you a lot of frustration when a fault happens. Besides that, it's a great app for monitoring fuel usage, maintenance, etc.

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
My propeller (and original with the boat)

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor

Indytrailmike
Guest Contributor
Vessel view

Dutchman
Guest Contributor
As for loose screws, that's pretty normal for a few to pop out. I check them and even use blue locktite so they don't back out again.
We have the 4.5L now with about 30 hours. Runs great, good power, no problems so far. At time of purchase, we had the choice of the older dependable 4.3 or this new 4.5. Happy with the 4.5

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
Dutcman thank you for comment, then you have the same problem of vibrations ?

Dutchman
Guest Contributor
No problem with vibrations. Just wanted to point out it's quite normal to get a couple loose screws with anything new.

Sara_Fahy1
Guest Contributor
Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to the community!

damien_comblez
Guest Contributor
Hello and thank you ☺️. Do you know the problem or vibrations on this boat? Or can you ask to Searay ?

Sara_Fahy1
Guest Contributor
Hey Damien – Are you having problems or vibrations with the boat? If you are, will you shoot me an email at [email protected] and I’ll pass your message along.

M300
Guest Contributor
I put 100 hours on my 2017 21 SPX. Only thing wrong that happened to me was the SeaRay Decal on the side of the boat fell off. A lot of others have reported that too.

M300
Guest Contributor
I also had a faulty valve on the flush line. It was replaced under warranty. The mechanic said it was uncommon and that he didn't see this often.

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
I heard this unfortunately is too common, Merc should really resolve this issue