cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, Relatively new owner of...

JimRaudenbush
Guest Contributor

Hi All, Relatively new owner of a 2006 195SP.  Near perfect condition.

Having a custom made snap cover added to continue to protect this slightly aged boat.

While adding snaps to the windshield frame, the center windshield glass was shattered.

Now, we are in desperately looking for a replacement. SeaRay pn 1816076.

My SeaRay dealer does not have too much guidance.  (although they did try)

Told me to contact Taylor Made Products.  I am not having any success with any phone calls, and all emails are still not replied.

simple "clear" replacement glass is a last resort from auto parts glass stores.  The remaining port & starboard glass is tinted (green i think)

Anyone have ideas where/how to find the correct tinted glass?

With or with-out the frame is OK.

Thanks in advance,

Jim R.

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The glass manufacturer, Taylor Made Products, is the best option for the replacement part.

Good luck.

Fenner
Guest Contributor
I've used a plastic sheet called Lexan ( A GE product) to replace glass in a number of applications. It's clear and tough, so tough it would be difficult to break even with a hammer. It can be found at your home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes in a number of sizes. Suggest the ⅛" thickness. It can easily be cut with a sabersaw plastic cutting blade or special knife. Good luck.

wingless
Rising Contributor
That GE Lexan sheet might work well in this application.

The online images appear that this center broken glass is flat, making the proposed replacement appropriate.

Good luck.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jar51ZSTwQA/maxresdefault.jpg

JimRaudenbush
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the options.
Taylor Made Products got back to me after 3 days. They do not support this older product any longer and recommend that I contact Ocean Dynamics. Ocean Dynamics said that they will provide an exact match green tinted replacement.
Will find out the results in 2 weeks