cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2007 260 sundeck, with...

wade1
Guest Contributor

I have a 2007 260 sundeck, with Magnum/Bravo III, hit a chunk of wood, I think it was between the inboard prop and the cavitation plate because the cavitation plate now has a dent.  Props seem to be ok and shaft turns smoothly.  Shortly after the hit I noticed the trim pump oil was all drained out of the reservoir into the bilge.  Outside connections to trim cylinders all appear ok. How do the inboard hoses attach to the outside hoses? I understand there is a connector block, but where is it?  Do you have to pull the lower unit to get to it?

3 REPLIES 3

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Not likely leaking at hoses through transom. More likely you hyperextended trim pistons and they are leaking. However if the lines were leaking it would be easy to see in bilge or not.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
trim pump or gear lube reservoir is empty?

wade1
Guest Contributor
Trim pump reservoir emptied into the bilge, pretty sure one of the hoses blew out between trim pump and connection block; under the engine so can not see the hoses. No oil leaking out into the water from either piston or the connection block under the stern drive. Waiting on parts. Thanks for asking. At least the boat is operable, just can't trim.