cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently purchased a 2005 240...

RAYRAY
Guest Contributor

I recently purchased a 2005 240 Sundeck and had to purchase a trailer separately.  Is there an online source that provides dimensions for setting up trailer bunks, guides, bow rollers, etc?  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck w/ your new boat.

Why not just take an initial stab at the trailer setup, load the boat, then adjust the boat and the trailer to be dead on? A decent jack and blocks will probably be required.

RAYRAY
Guest Contributor
thanks wingless, actually that is what we did and it seems to fit, i did make an adjustment to the winch, but i'm curious how sea ray would set up a trailer for the boat i have

wingless
Rising Contributor
Don't know what Sea Ray would do, but my guess is they ship it to the dealership on a truck flatbed, w/o a trailer, then the dealership has a local trailer company provide and setup a trailer when required. The dealership will likely tweak a trailer setup when / if required.

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
My dealership fit my SPX onto my Load Rite and adjusted the bunks after they got it shipped

nanners
Guest Contributor
You want to make sure your adjustments also included consideration of your tongue weight. Our 240 looked ok on the tester when we bought it until we towed it home. Yikes. We took it to our marine guy. He brought out their scale and hoisted the boat up to adjust to 700# tongue weight, which meant adjusting the winch post. It was at 1100#. (Because the boat was in the water all of the time, they never adjusted it) It was worth the $100.00

wingless
Rising Contributor
+1 the tongue weight must be correct. There are scales to permit that measurement, such as by Sherline.

The trailer is designed to permit shifting the parts to attain the correct balance.

Drago
Rising Contributor
Check the SR owners manual for the basic dimensions. Company that built my trailer set it it specifically for my boat. Might want to check with them

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
It would be "dealers choice" if they order a trailer with a Sea Ray from the factory. My experience tells me that when dealers orders trailers/boats from the factory - the trailers and boat "fit like a glove" -- otherwise - it appears that you have received some good counsel for fitting an after market trailer to your Sea Ray.