cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2005 Sundancer 300.  ...

Caro
Guest Contributor

I have a 2005 Sundancer 300.   Recently I experienced a full waste tank and no pump out service available for 4 days.    I was told to flush my tank in the river, that most boats had this option, but never found any such tool    Is there a device that can allow us to empy the waste tank if necessary?

11 REPLIES 11

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Many Sea Ray boats are built w/ Vacuflush head systems that include an overboard macerator discharge pump.

There are laws restricting usage of that to something like two miles offshore. Those laws also require the system to be disabled, except when being used. On mine, I close the seacock and remove the handle, except when required. Some use a padlock or a zip tie to keep the seacock closed.

If your boat has this system, then there will be a discharge switch that is disabled, except when the seacock is open. It will also have a second waste pump.

Caro
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your reply
We checked on our boat and we never found such a device. 😩
Is there a way to know for sure if it is or not on our boat? With serial number maybe?

Sent from Xink as Plain Text

Capt__Jim
Guest Contributor
If you have the system, you will see a pump and hose coming from your waste tank going to a through the hull fitting with a valve. Also, there will be a switch on the control panel in the head compartment.

Caro
Guest Contributor
Ok, there is definitely none…….
Can this be installed post initial fabrication? Could I have it installed now?

Caroline Mercier ing.
Acheteur Stratégique / Strategic Buyer

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Vacuflush holding tank is waaay slippery and is impossible to bond w/ glue.

Fortunately the overboard discharge fitting is on the top and my recollection is a snap on seal.

The attached document shows the plumbing for that setup, even if the tank is different.

https://www.dometic.com/assets/27/80/installation%20and%20operating%20manual_62780.pdf?att=true

If going that route ensure all appropriate features, such as switch interlock for the seacock lever are implemented. Also the seacock is one size larger than the plumbing w/ an inline reducer fitting on the seacock imput.

jr_schantz
Guest Contributor
Flushing your waste tank "in the river" is illegal. I can't imagine anyone in this day and age that would consider that a viable option.

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
Overboard dumping is only allowed three miles offshore in the ocean!

Starforce1
Guest Contributor
I don't think all boats are equipped for that but it illegal to dump inland.

PJS
Guest Contributor
Not certain who would recommend dumping your black water tank in a river??!! No one wants to swim in your toilet so DONT DUMP IN A RIVER!!! OR anywhere for that matter. Go to a pump out station and don't wait until your tank is full...

Dave_F
Guest Contributor
And if your tank is full, you have almost certainly destroyed the vent filter sitting on top of the tank. Buy a new one and install it once you get the tank pumped. The person who told you to dump in the river is clearly uneducated on the legal ramifications of doing this disgusting act. NO ONE WANTS RAW SEWAGE in any body of water.

Two_Names
Guest Contributor
Not all boats have the ability to dump the tank. Have to have a macerator and it’s an extra option when the boat is purchased new. You would know if you had it because it is a keyed switch that would be located somewhere close to the toilet incorporated in the gauge indicator that tells you how full the tank is.