cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2008 205 Sport - 5.0L...

Eric_Lovelady
Guest Contributor

I have a 2008 205 Sport - 5.0L TKS - Alpha

An alarm sounds at 2900 - 3100 RPM. No loss in engine power, nor do I hear or feel any difference in the boats performance.

This happened shortly after purchasing the boat a few years back and discovered the oil level was low. I completed an oil change including the oil and fuel filter. Alarm went away.

Randomly the alarm has reared it's head again. I can throttle up or down and the alarm will go away instantly.

Outdrive oil reservoir at full line

Engine oil level in operating range

Engine temp maintains 170 degrees

Oil pressure steady at 60 psi

Voltage steady at ~14V

Any suggestions for trouble shooting is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

lyleski
Guest Contributor
On mine, the random alarm at high RPM was related to low stern drive fluid. If I make sure it is full, I do not get the alarm.

Eric_Lovelady
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply. The stern drive (outdrive) reservoir maintains full operating level. I'm thinking I have a flaky sensor somewhere. (there are only a few sensors) Operationally, the boat performs great. I'm going to remove one sensor lead (not the sending) at a time and use process of elimination to determine which is the culprit.

reivax777
Guest Contributor
Hi Eric, were you ever able narrow down a possible root cause? My 2008 195 Sport has been showing similar behavior and we can’t seem to figure out why. Thanks!

jabilello
Guest Contributor
low water pressure or bad sensor can cause an alarm around 2500rpm even if you have good temps..

Eric_Lovelady
Guest Contributor
I never was able to trace the issue. I had the boat in at a dealer for service and decided to trade it in last year. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.