cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey All,I am new here to the Sea...

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

Hey All,

I am new here to the Sea Ray club. Just bought a 2018 SLX 230 last weekend. Unfortunately the guy who traded it in didn’t leave any of the manuals and I have been trying to track some down that I can either purchase of download and print. The Sea Ray site has about all but one for the 230 SLX. Does anyone in here know if a site where I can download a copy to read over before I get out in the water?  A lot of new stuff in this that I’m not familiar with considering my first boat was a bayliner starter boat that didn’t have half this stuff. Lol!  Any help would be truly appreciated!  Thank you!

Tim

7 REPLIES 7

Bill4351
Guest Contributor
I would ask MarineMax parts department.

stevens_dick
Guest Contributor
I have a 2018 230SLX W.
First, I should let you know the factory manual is mostly worthless. That said, you can to the SeaRay website and download the manual. I have tried to attach the manual but The site couldn’t take that big of a upload.
BTW, we had to use the 2017 manual for our 230 SLW W.
That said, you will most likely discover that the best place to get info is to google your questions.
A month after I bought my boat, part of the electrical system went completely dead. I had no steering or dashboard. Zero info with the manual.
After working with my Marine Max dealer for hours on a Saturday via telephone, they gave up and said they would call us back the following week. They had their Service Manager and all of their service techs trying to determine a fix. We were sitting on the boat at our slip In the Texas summer heat the whole time.
Luckily, my wife who is the brains in the family found the solution to our problem either on google or YouTube. I can’t remember which. Probably both. At least three other 230SLX owners had the same issue. Somehow one of them had found the simple fix.
IE, we wasted hours with the SR manual and our dealer trying to solve the simple fix that SR seemingly had no clue!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the link to the 230 SLX Owner's Manual.

It has useful information including dimensions and the wiring diagram.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UMy/SvIF3MpGiy3blr0E_z2Sz1TlS7Y0Vt6uNMM592sXjL0

Here is the parts manual link.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000U6U/19c.Tw.sBATZ1XtDLMEDbMUEGeE2F51zmoA7AZ3mDnA

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor
Thank you to all that commented. This helps a lot. I know the owners manual doesn’t really go a whole lot into detail but I like to read up on how certain things work and their purpose. I’m somewhat of an OCD guy so if it should be with the boat I want one hahaha. Thanks again guys!

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

The correct Mercruiser manuals for the engines in your boat are very useful. The outdrive manual could also be useful.

The Mercruiser parts manuals are also handy, but all is online too.

wingless
Rising Contributor
There are not currently any printed 230 SLX manuals for sale on eBay.

Here is one for a 230 Overnighter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Ray-230-Overnighter-Owners-Manual/233172687309?hash=item364a2cd9cd:g:RwIAAOSwIYpckSvS

My boat has a soft sided "suitcase" designed to hold files, containing all of the boat documentation, including all the manuals for all the systems attached to the boat.

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor
Thanks again. The original owner has them and the dealer I bought it from that took the trade is trying to get a hold of him to see if he’d be willing to ship the boat specific manuals for the 230 SLX. Hopefully he will. I’m an anal retentive guy so I like to have everything that is supposed to come with it lol. Thanks again Wingless!