cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2010 Sea Ray 185 Sport...

Bozy
Guest Contributor

I have a 2010 Sea Ray 185 Sport and would love to be able to connect to the radio via bluetooth.  Has anybody tried one of these - JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Audio Receiver?  Any tips or tricks on how to install?  I am a bit intimidated with wiring.  I appreciate any help you could give me - God knows, I need it!

9 REPLIES 9

bendobe
Guest Contributor
I Installed something similar in my 2008 SLX, a Fusion MS-BT100. For wiring you just need to do a couple things. First, plug the RCA cables into the back of the radio. If you have the same Clarion unit I have in my 2008 SLX the empty aux inputs are pretty easy to spot hanging off the back of the radio. Next you just need to connect power and ground. If you know the head unit name (mine was a CMD 4 or 5) search online for the manual and take a look at the Specifications page. Find the ground wire color (black on mine) and switched power color (red on mine). Make your life super simple and buy some "t-tap wire connectors" . These snap over the existing wire to make a connection, no need to splice, solder, etc. Final thing; just make sure you use switched power, not constant, or you take a chance of draining your battery unnecessarily.

Bozy
Guest Contributor
Thank you. Do you need to reconnect your phone each time with the Fusion?

david_fetz01
Guest Contributor
You do not need to reconnect each time

bendobe
Guest Contributor
I feel like I do with my Iphone, not quite as seamless as the truck stereo, but really it just gives me something to do while the blower is running.

bendobe
Guest Contributor
It's also been about 5mos since I've been on the boat, currently my lake has about 2in of ice on it so I may just be suffering from middle aged guy memory issues.

GPK
Guest Contributor
Check out Fusion. I put a Fusion system in my 240 Sundeck. I love the ease of use. Never any trouble connecting and very few buttons, simple to use. It comes with an app as well so anyone else can control the music that is on the boat but I have quick access to the mute button when I want to. Great sound too.

Bozy
Guest Contributor
Well, just found out I do NOT have RCA inputs on the back of my Sony CDX-M10. I might end up just buying a whole new receiver at this point. IDK...

bendobe
Guest Contributor
The Fusion receivers that GPK was referencing is pretty highly rated, if I was doing a replacement and didn't care about the old remote controls I would go that route as well.

Bozy
Guest Contributor
bendobe, thanks again for your great instructions regarding the wiring, etc. I ended up putting in the JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Audio Receiver with no problems at all thanks to you! As an FYI, this particular dongle does auto reconnect to the last paired device. Jammin' to bluetooth music in my boat (in my garage). Haha.