cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2014 SunDeck 240.  Quick...

BRIAN_GORKA
Guest Contributor

I have a 2014 SunDeck 240.  Quick question:  was out this past weekend and when readying to head back home, I started the motor only to discover I had left one of the lines out and it got tangled in the prop.....ROOKIE mistake!!!  After untangling, I was able to start back up and motor back to shore.  However, the depth gauge went a bit wacky initially and reported back 2'-3' vs. the actual 18'+ that I knew I was safely in.  The depth gauge resumed normal levels after about 10 seconds of running the motor.  I also ran back up to normal cruising speed the rest of the way in.  Did I do any major damage to the motor when mistakenly attempting to start and having a line tangle up the prop?  Appreciate all feedback.....even the obvious:  double check EVERYTHING as part of my routine on the water.

5 REPLIES 5

TRay_Sea
Guest Contributor
Should be fine. If you were able to plane and get up to normal cruising then it should be good. I've had four boats and I look at the RPM and temp gauge to know if something is off. So if normal cruising runs at 3000 rpm and the temp is 160. If I ever see it change then I know something is off. The key is monitoring your gauges.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Not totally a rookie mistake. I just filled out on my ski rope yesterday with a boat full. Lol. Won't hurt anything.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Fouled not filled...lol

----
Guest Contributor
Depth Gage's go wonky in weeds and show wrong depths. Likely the cause.

----
Guest Contributor
You can damage the oil hydraulic lines sometimes. They should be the same on. Both sides. Compare their routing for differences.