cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2018 280SLX with 8.2L...

adp1675
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 280SLX with 8.2L MAG.  I am having the 3yr, 300 hour service done at MarineMax.  They are struggling with changing the spark plugs.  In the attached picture there is a panel to the port side of engine.  The dealer does not know how to remove it.  Does anyone know how to access the sparkplugs on the port side for a 2016 or newer 280SLX?

5 REPLIES 5

Bravo3
Guest Contributor
I do not have good experience with MarineMax. This should be a straightforward thing. Perhaps bring your business elsewhere

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Probably two options: will need a skinny long arm tech to reach two or three of the plugs, or will need to pull engine. Not entirely Mmax fault, not enough access engineered into the bilge. Also, where Merc put the impeller makes for difficult access.

tolatron
Guest Contributor
My opinion don't let them put NGK in. I have had nothing but issues with them. Changed to Champs and NO issues whatsoever

tolatron
Guest Contributor
Call Sea Ray customer service and they will explain how to remove panel. Worked with them before and they were very good

adp1675
Guest Contributor
Thanks everyone, the local Marine Max dealer figured it out. The trick was removing some hidden screws so the panel to the port side of the engine could be removed