cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an Australian delivered...

Geoff1
Guest Contributor

I have an Australian delivered Sundancer 275 which I believe is sold as a Sundancer260 in America. I am have an issue with the carpet on the lowest section in the cabin that is wet. I am having trouble locating where the leak is. Thought someone may have had a similar issue and could offer some suggestions where I could start looking. The boat also has the fiberglass arch if that makes any difference. Thanks  

7 REPLIES 7

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
What year is it?

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
Check your shower sump pump, this is the pump that the shower connects to. If the pump gets clogged with hair in the strainer or fails the unit will overflow and fill the compartment with water and the carpet will naturally absorb the water. Hope this helps

Sleeves_R_Optio
Guest Contributor
I am having the same issue with my 2001 240, I can’t figure out where it is coming from

Ollie
Guest Contributor
Check your window & hatch seals. This is a known issue from what I've read on Club Sea Ray (different forum than this). It doesn't seem like a likely place, but it can be.

Geoff1
Guest Contributor
The boat is a 2004 build.

Captain_Mike
Guest Contributor
On the last step there is a pull that has a small garbage can underneath. Pull the plastic can out and possibly there is a sump that might be plugged. Clean it out and the float should rise and pump should work. This was on a 240 Sundancer.

Geoff1
Guest Contributor
I would like to thank everyone for there support with my issue. The first problem that I located once I knew where to look was that the sealant between the fiberglass shower liner and the wall that the door is mounted in had failed at the lower joint. This allowed water to get onto the lower floor carpet. The sump and connections all look good. I also noticed a water mark on the wall under the window located in the shower/toilet area. This appears to be letting in rain water which was then leaking past the failed sealant in the shower floor. The carpet is now much dryer and I am waiting for the next storm to see if I have fixed the issue.

I also have tried to replace the seal that is used on the inside of the shower door frame. Looks like a foam seal. I have tried using a number of window style foam seals that are designed for houses and sold in Australia, but they have all lifted off and stuck to the door. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.