cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased a 2005 Sea Ray...

Wildcater
Guest Contributor

I just purchased a 2005 Sea Ray 290 slx late last Fall and on the way from the marina to my home dock, I got a Fuel Warning from the Mercury System View.  I am a novice with System View, but it appeared that it was showing 1 tank having fuel, and 1 tank running low.  I'm confused because I thought that the 290 only had 1 fuel tank?  I know there is nothing wrong with the boat as it just underwent a full survey before purchase, but I'm unfamiliar with how to operate the System View.  Anyone have any ideas?  

2 REPLIES 2

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
First, confirm boat only has 1 fuel tank. If only one tank, then you will need to go into settings on vessel view, and set to one tank. Perhaps someone was "playing around with the vessel view and changed a setting?

Wildcater
Guest Contributor
Thank you! I have verified that my boat has a single fuel tank. The System View user manual does not specifically address a setting for # of fuel tanks, but it does discuss Naming tanks so I anticipate that is the section where I can switch it back to a Single tank setting.