cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've just bought a 2017 SLX 230...

Jeff_from_Vegas
Guest Contributor

I've just bought a 2017 SLX 230 with the Medallion digital screen at the helm and for the life of me , I can't figure out how to use the ski / cruise modes.  Does anyone know the procedure to use this?  I can select "mode", set profile, the "ski mode" flashes for about 5 seconds then turns off.  I've tried engaging the throttle when the light is flashing, but the cruise control does not engage.  What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

BShell
Guest Contributor
I just bought a 2017 250SLX. I was messing around with the ski mode last weekend. I had to select a profile and then when I engaged the throttle it just took over. I didn't try the cruise feature yet.

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
I have the 230 slxW and to get to cruise / ski mode I press the wake icon on the screen , under the Speedo. Then you can choose wale, cruise, ski etc. one additional tip I have found is I do hit the advanced icon and select drain all just to verify that all the water is out of the ballast tanks. I have drove around carrying water in the ballasts before after believing, and hearing the pumps run, that it was all drained.

Jeff_from_Vegas
Guest Contributor
Issue finally resolved. As it turned out, the cruise / ski mode module was never installed at the factory. It was supposed to be, but never was. Sea Ray is covering installing the module via a warranty claim. Glad I wasn't just "losing my mind" and couldn't figure out how to get this system working!