cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a used (2014) 23 SLX...

Puppy
Guest Contributor
Just bought a used (2014) 23 SLX and wondering best way to clean the seats. Little mold between cushions and they are showing a little yellowing. Any experience with products to clean with??
4 REPLIES 4

Cirinoca
Guest Contributor
I had the best luck with Magic Erasers. Brought mine back to almost new, and no harsh chemicals.

nanners
Guest Contributor
I use magic erasers BUT instead of using water I spray the seats with Mothers vinyl & rubber cleaner/protecterant and use the magic eraser to clean. I wipe-off with a micro cloth. I have read that the magic erasers alone can dry-out the vinyl because it can clean “too good”. My seats look like new every season (I clean them every spring) and are protected for the season, too.

Don_Mac
Guest Contributor
I have had good luck with the shurhold serious marine cleaner. I mix it a little more potent than what is on the side of the container. I spray it on let it sit for a few minutes and then take a clean microfiber towel or cotton towel and wipe it off. Another product I use is Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner(you will have to check the internet it can be difficult to find) and after I have them clean I use either Meiguars, Mothers, Lexol vinyl conditioner.

revadrenaline
Guest Contributor
I had mold/mildew stains on my white aft cushion . I tried 5 different cleaners without satisfactory results. Finally used a little bleach, being careful not to get it on the seam stitching and wiping the area with water thoroughly after. It did the trick, just have to be careful!