cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, I  purchased new a 2016...

Jimbo270
Guest Contributor

Need help, I  purchased new a 2016 270SDX 6.2 . I asked the dealer to change the water impeller at 190 hours. He quoted a price estimate of 1500 because Sea Ray did not leave access to the pump and the hours required to disassemble the front of the engine is excessive. He said it affects both SDX and SLX models. Is there a work around ? Maybe cutting a access hole.

5 REPLIES 5

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
Have you considered calling Sea Ray direct to discuss? A water pump impeller is routine maintenance and the obvious is easy access and accessibility. Something stinks here.

Jimbo270
Guest Contributor
I have. Apparently, the 25 to 28 SDX,SLX models of that vintage have the same issue. No easy access to service the water pump

t-bone
Guest Contributor
I have the same model, and the same problem. I'm fairly competent when it comes to "simple" jobs like an impeller, but not on this baby. Accessing the water pump is almost impossible. After two days of contortionist acts and busted knuckles, I threw my hands up and pulled out my wallet. $1500 does seem steep though, mine was $900.

Jimbo270
Guest Contributor
Do you have any idea how the job was accomplished ? I mean, what needed to be remove from the engine to get to the pump.
Any type of directions would help lessen the learning curve

Jimbo270
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the information, it sucks. Can I ask where you are to get a 900 price.