cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not too long ago I purchased my...

jacob_dorval_24
Guest Contributor

Not too long ago I purchased my new SPX230.  After only four trips on the water I am noticing loose screws all over the boat. Several of them are literally just falling out and luckily I’m finding them so far. I’ve screwed them back in. Two screws on the latch that holds the engine compartment shut actually snapped off so I have to get this repaired (warranty) but for now I had to relocate the latch just to get the engine compartment to shut. 

My question to the community is simply: is this normal and to be expected from a new Sea Ray?  I have a owned a Sea Ray in the past and never had this issue so I’m wondering if I am an outlier or if this is something I should be regularly checking for during maintenance.  I am bringing the boat in for the 20 hour service soon And will be mentioning this to my local dealer but I wanted to see what others in this community thought about it.

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
This is not normal. I would definitely have you dealer address the issues. Good news is you have plenty of warranty. My experience with searay is the dealer warranty repair is outstanding