cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 390MY, both lo oil pressure...

Pigpen
Guest Contributor

2005 390MY, both lo oil pressure warnings are inop.  Anyone have a similar issue. If yours does work, does the alarm come from the system monitor or the smartcraft?

4 REPLIES 4

Peteatthebeach
Guest Contributor
I was told that the low oil sensors will not sound until you have about 600 RPM and the sound comes from the monitor not the Smartcraft

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Like the generator, the low oil pressure warning should sound when run is selected. On mine it never sounds, at start up, shutdown or engine failure. Searay has been no help, in fact they cannot agree as to which system (smartcraft or system monitor) has the warning. All the manuals say it’s the system monitor. The wire harness appear to be there, so I guess I’ll keep looking

Jaybeaux
Guest Contributor
Could it be that the alarm "horn" is bad? If you manually operate your HI Bilge Pump, it should alarm on the System Monitor....both a "read out" and the loud "beep". That will tell you if the noise maker is functioning or not.

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Nope, don't think so as the alarm sounds correctly when starting the gen. Also had a high inlet temp warning that also sounded correctly. also the high water bilge sets it off as well. Just the engines low oil pressure.......