cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

212 470 DA Has anyone replaced/removed...

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor

212 470 DA Has anyone replaced/removed the salon tv?  Can’t seem to figure out how to remove it from the frame. Thx

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
This TV?

https://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/26/2/6752602_20180620140546578_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1305768

If so, can close-up images please be provided showing the frame, including the corners?

It looks like Sea Ray used a standard fixed-mount wall-mount bracket, then attached a picture frame around the perimeter.

If all that is correct, then I would guess there are hidden screws holding the picture frame together. Sea Ray has used the glued padded vinyl covering that is then loosely tucked over the screws.

Can the covering be pressed upon to feel the hidden screw heads? If discovered, can the vinyl be carefully peeled back to reveal / unscrew the corners on the frame?

wingless
Rising Contributor
The other option is that the TV is directly bolted onto the wall, capturing the picture frame.

If that is correct, then the opposite side of the wall will have four mounting screw heads. Those might be concealed, requiring removal of trim or other parts.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Nope, this TV actually retracts into the ceiling. But, I figured it out. I’ll post some pix later today. In the process of updating the SAT TV to HD. Directv is discontinuing SD signal sometime this year.

Bert
Guest Contributor
MommaDuff
We have a 2005 420 SunDancer that the TV also retracts into the ceiling and have DirecTV. We would be interested in seeing your pictures as well as knowing what type of TV you were able to use as a replacement as the sizes vary. Thank you very much.

Ice_Crystals
Guest Contributor
We have a 2006 44' Sundance and we would also like to replace our retractable tv with a smart TV ...love to see your pics.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
I’ll post a detailed description with pix of the installation probly by end of next week. I ordered a Jensen JE2815 28" LED AC TV, off of Amazon, the only 1080p HD TV that met the size and I/O requirements. The older SeaRay stereo setup is a mishmash of wiring, amps and switches. I’ll explain it all in my post. (If it works 😎🙏🏻)

osully
Guest Contributor
YES removed it a few years ago. I remember I had to access from the drawer underneath - bit of a pain but not too bad. The worst bit was the weight of the old TV and getting through the hatch door!