cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fridge installation

osully
Guest Contributor

I know this is slightly smaller than the 40'! However, I felt that someone may have had the same issue!

I have a 1998 37' Aft Cabin & my fridge is continuously drawing 6 Amps thus drawing down the batteries when I'm out. The fridge is approx 35 x 28 x 22 (inches). The depth being 22". The door to the salon is 21.5 inches. It looks as though if I undo the rollers and remove the latch I can lift and twist the door out of the opening thereby giving a 24" opening allowing me to remove the old and replace with a new. Has anyone ever done this, can confirm my proposal or can shed info on an alternate please?

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
The door must be carefully and properly removed. It must also be properly stowed when detached from the boat, so it doesn't crack / break.

On my 2000 380DA it is possible to detach the cabin door panels from the trucks for door removal.

It looks like the interior trim might also require removal.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/88/96/7128896_20200602150228061_1_LARGE.jpg

osully
Guest Contributor
Wingless thanks for the update. Can you confirm though that it can actually be lifted, swiveled out and then removed - it looks tight! thanks.

wingless
Rising Contributor
No, I don't have that boat.

But, the boat HAD to be assembled, so a correct process exists for disassembly, something similar to assembly in reverse.

Also, the door trucks fail over time and usage, so those must also be able to be replaced.

osully
Guest Contributor
That's my thoughts exactly. Thx.

osully
Guest Contributor
Your earlier link (picture) is the correct one but I still think to lift and swivel out appears to be the logical solution.

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
Did this amp draw just start recently. The fridg on my 410da has always drawn around 6 amp. However it should not run continuous. Have you check the seals around the doors? I did replace mine. If the compressor runs continuous it may be low on Freon. How are your batteries? They should allow you to run the fridg all night. The boat is assembled from bottom up with a split where the rub rail is. The fridg was probably dropped in before the cap was put on. Unfortunately there is not always a reverse assembly available as suggested. The other option you have is to replace the compressor leaving the box itself in tact. I dread when I have to replace/repair mine.