cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone installed a Hurley...

Jayhawk
Guest Contributor

Has anyone installed a Hurley H30 dinghy Davit on their boat? I am looking to put one on a 480 motor  yacht but want to know if there are any gotchas I should be aware. 

5 REPLIES 5

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
I was looking at Hurley, but found this one at about half the price https://www.trickdavit.com/ Worked great!

Gimme_Time
Guest Contributor
Unfortunately you will not have enough room to swing the crank handle & rail system the 90 degrees you need to crank the tender up on the slide box. On a Sundance boat you can tilt and swing enough into the cockpit area to facilitate the progress. Works fine on the DB as well but not on AC or MY because of back wall of the AC & MY.

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
I’ve been using a Seawise system for a number of years. It’s expensive but well worth it for me.

seawise davit review

Juanca
Guest Contributor
Hi Jayhawk, no experience with the H30, but I've had a Hurley standard davit to hoist my 10' Achiles with a 8 HP engine and it's worked great. My friend installed an H30 and the function is outstanding, as the davit pivots and turns to ease picking up the boat. (Sorry, no experience with installation but the Hurley website has great insight and tips.)

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
I have an H30 on my 2017 460 FLY. It works with my very low swim platform height with out using the cumbersome winch set up. I just muscle my 9’ 10 hp 4 stroke onto the mount and turn once the balance point is reached. It has some limitations like DONT hang it half way off the platform as they show. It slightly bent the stainless brackets and Hurley WOULD NOT stand behind it. After that incident I mounted it fully on the platform with no further issues other than less space to walk by the boat when mounted on platform. But I like the system and find it “clean” on the platform once the tender is launched. Hope this helps.