cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help.  A few times I ran my stbd....

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor

Help.  A few times I ran my stbd. House batteries down.  Started port Engine fine.  Hit emergency start and tried to start stbd but too little juice and just clicked start solenoid.  Checked emergency solenoid and it is acitivating fine.  Thought maybe dead stbd bank was pulling down port voltage too much.  So to test I disconnected stbd. Battery and tried so no effect from dead bank and same thing.  Is it possible that the emergency solenoid is old (1994 boat) and never used so main contacts are corroded inside and can not pass the current to start engine?  I am out of ideas why this is not working and am always worried I am stuck when spending time on hook so always need to start generator.  Any one know where I can buy solenoid?  Can not find on any search.  SeaRay part 140814.

2 REPLIES 2

RAV
Guest Contributor
Has something similar. Took apart grounding cables on engine, sanded and cleaned up connections, greased with conductive grease, reconnected and problem solved.

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor
Good point. Could be I am just not getting enough cranking speed. Will try and also do a jump off main batteries that are new.