cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All.  Bought my first Sea Ray...

Mr__Larry
Guest Contributor

Hi All.  Bought my first Sea Ray this past spring:  a 1986 390 Express Cruiser, in good condition.  I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase.  However, the 100 gallon fresh water tank leaks.  (Found during Survey)  I'm planning on having it replaced this winter.  The shop here suggests a plastic tank, around 45-50 gallons, in place of the existing 100 gallon metal tank.  I'm good with that.  Anyone done this / can recommend a plastic tank or source?  I'm looking forward to picking up a little extra storage space, and likely will never need more than 50 gallons of fresh water.  (Don't plan on going out of the Chesapeake Bay.  In Southern Maryland, near Solomons.)  I'm hesitant to use a "bladder".  Seems to me a plastic tank that isn't moving all the time is a better solution.  Any suggestions / anyone with experience?

1 REPLY 1

Happy_Mariner
Guest Contributor
Congratulations, you bought one of most popular Sea Ray models ever. There is a lot of info available in the Sea Ray Classic folder on this site. Also, there is a great source of info on You Tube: Sea Ray 390 EC Owners group . You can sign up with the group and get connected with a lot of 390 owners. I'm the owner of a '91 and couldn't be happier. You'll love the wide beam!