cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of you have shown an interest...

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

Some of you have shown an interest in the Seakeeper installation that's being completing on my new 460DA. They just finished the installation and will be doing the sea trial tomorrow or Saturday. Pictures of the project below.

16 REPLIES 16

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor

wingless
Rising Contributor
Wow! Looks great!

Was it difficult to attain the proper secure mechanical bond to the hull? What needed to be relocated to fit the Seakeeper 6?

https://www.seakeeper.com/seakeeper_products/seakeeper-6/

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
The generator was move forward about 12”. As far as bonding, I have no idea.

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
Hi Arnie, that looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures. I look forward to hearing how it performs. I see the new sea strainer. Is the AC powered sea water pump mounted in the same area? Thx

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
Sorry, don’t know about the pump position.

SMT
Guest Contributor
Post how sea trial goes and your comments, thanks.

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
Will do. The sea trial wont be until this coming Saturday.

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
Just got back from a 4 day trip with the new Seakeeper. All I can say is WOW!!! This thing really does what it's suppose to. My wife is super sensitive to motion which has always hampered our ability to cruise. As an example, she has never gone down below to the head while out in the open. She did it twice with out an issue this trip. Now in all fairness, the seas were gorgeous, but even so, we could sit against a 2' beam sea and the damn thing didn't budge. Crazy technology.

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
Sounds like it worked as advertised. A happy momma is a huge bonus.
Question. With it mounted off to one side of the boat did it create a “list” when it was not turned on? If so did the list correct itself to an even keel when activated?

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
Yes, the boat was listing very heavily to the port side. We’ve added 600lb of lead to the Starboard side and 500lb of chain to the anchor locker. Boats now perfectly balanced. The extra weight actually help the boat ride more solid, but cost me a couple of knots on the top end.

Airwaves
Rising Contributor
@Arnie Friedman what was the cost, with installation?