cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all - I have a 1999 Sea Ray...

Chris_Vickery
Guest Contributor

Hi all - I have a 1999 Sea Ray 500DA and I need to replace, or custom manufacture a replacement, the cabin entryway door.  I've done a good amount of research on it and have the part #'s, original design company, color spec, etc, but can't find anywhere that sells it.  Anybody else ever run into this and have a recommendation?

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

An image(s) would be helpful.

Online images look like there are two or three panels on that door, an overlapping hinged top panel and one or two hinged or sliding vertical panels.

All parts look to be made of a Plexiglass material.

Please advise of the construction w/ images and the problem.

If the Plexiglass is broken, then a local plastic vendor should be able to fabricate a replacement.

Chris_Vickery
Guest Contributor
I've attached a picture (which doesn't actually show the damage in the left vertical panel or the higned panel on top). i wasn't sure whether plexiglass or acrylic would be the right material choice, and i know i can't find the original color (i've confirmed that with the original door designer) so i'll have to try to get that color-math painted somewhere (maybe an autobody shop). the hinged 90 degree panel is going to be the tough one as that would have to be molded i think.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The bends are formed. The parts are not molded.

A heat source is placed near the flat part, for example a heated rod. The material is warmed, then manually bent into shape, then allowed to cool.

Selection of the correct panel color is the best option, instead of painting. Once a painted part is scratched, exposing the base color, then that becomes a bad day.

greatscott
Guest Contributor
flounderpounder.com will have it