cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I have a L590 Fly 2017 - fitted...

The_Brit
Guest Contributor

Hi

I have a L590 Fly 2017 - fitted with 3 pods.

When I turn on the ignition keys I get the same error message for each of the 3 engines.    

It says:  E-stop.  check engine before next use.

All three engines are dead.   I have checked all three E-stop switches all are in 'start' position and all are functioning properly (tested)...

Is there some start-up sequence after E-start activated?  (had the boat detailed and maybe they flicked the switch??) ?

Any help would be great - thank you !

7 REPLIES 7

solemare
Guest Contributor
I have the same Searay. Never had this issue. It sounds to me that maybe something is not connected correctly.

Airwaves
Rising Contributor
Had any work or cleaning been done since the last run? Is it possible that something even minute had been moved, changed or bumped? Sometimes the simplest things cause problems on a boat

Mark_Pasterick
Guest Contributor
I would call Sea Ray Customer Service or your Cummins Dealer

The_Brit
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your thoughts:

Yes - had a full detail - but cant find anything that moved or was 'nudged'... ben looking for a week LOL

Regarding calling the Cummins dealer. That is more frustrating than the problem.

We called the local Cummins dealer last week - first 3 days we left messages because the phone wasn't answered.

On the 4th day the phone was answered and they said they would call us the next day to tell us when they could send a tech top diagnose the issue.

Next day - no call

Following day - we called and they said they were too busy at the moment to schedule a day to go to my boat, but would call me next week to give me a date for tech to diagnose the problem!

I cant use anyone else in the area - cummins lock down their authorized dealer working in other dealer's area also - must have cummins software to diagnose the problem(s).

One thing I am certain of..... never again will I buy any vehicle powered by a Cummins engine.

Mark_Pasterick
Guest Contributor
Where are you located? Cummins may think you are under warranty that is why you are getting the response you did. I would try SR Customer Service as they generally are more responsive. I'd also look for a local marine service that may be cummins certified. Also check you circuit breakers - one may be tripped.

The_Brit
Guest Contributor
Thanks Mark

I will call SR tomorrow...

I checked all the breakers - even to the extent of opening switch panels to check the spade-fuses.

Its unfortunate that the dealer here is the only source for service for Cummins

I live in Cape Coral Florida.

Last time I used this dealer was a 'routine service' I was told the cost would be around $5k..... Once they took things apart (pods, drives, zincs etc) the cost went to $47,000.

I looked at the possibility of having them just 'put it back together' so I could get a second opinion.... But they said

As they have already stripped it down it would be around $20,000 to rebuild and it probably wouldn't be seaworthy !

Seriously, these large companies (Cummins) should monitor their public facing dealers who are giving them a really bad name.

Sorry for the moaning - but I am SO done with this dealer!

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Welcome to pod land!