cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I assume all members of our group...

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor

I assume all members of our group has heard the news that Sea Ray has discontinued all Sport Yachts 40 feet and over and is closing both plants that produce these boats. I believe the SLX series will continue to be manufactured at the Knoxville plant. My MarineMax contact assures me that this closing will not effect warranty or product support for existing owners. As an owner of a 2018 model, it does raise concern about how this development will affect the future resale value of Sea Ray yachts. On one hand, potential buyers maybe reluctant to buy a discontinued boat, but on the other, when selling we won't be competing with new Sea Ray yachts. I would be interested in hearing from other owners on this subject.

20 REPLIES 20

CPIGUY
Guest Contributor
I was actually in the middle of getting a proposal for the new 520 Sundancer. Everything you say is true. This decision will definitely hurt our resale. I'm not concerned about short term support, but long term support is another story. Definitely bad new all the way around.

I don't know if you have seen the new 520, but I'm in love. I don't see anything in the market that compares. Well, doesn't matter anymore. Sad!!

Airwaves
Rising Contributor
Don’t worry @Arnie Friedman - I will need replacement for my 93 - 550 in few years and I’ll buy your 520

JILL
Guest Contributor
According to Marine Max near me, they think the resale value isn’t going to tank...they said it’s supply and demand. I asked them recently about a leftover 2017 or 2018 they had if that’s going to be deeply discounted and they said....no...quite the opposite, they just raised the price at least $150k. So...time will tell and I hope they are right. Everyone still loves Sea Ray so hopefully it’s like cars that are no longer made but sought after and they hold their resale value

Seaclusion
Guest Contributor
Here in Florida Marine Max is/was discounting leftovers at 40%. My friend got himself a new 46 dancer. Nice boat.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Seaclusion That is the same boat I got at MarineMax Fort Myers in February. I got a 25% discount.

JILL
Guest Contributor
Wow. I love the 46 Sundancer. It looks almost the same on outside as my 400 sundancer 206. I like that it has 2 refrigerators. But, it was so much more than the 400. Wonder what amount your friend got it for? I’m assuming it’s the new body style a 2017 or 2018?

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Jill I traded my 2017 400 for the 2018 460. The 460 has all the bells and whistles. The aft cabin is much, much nicer. I no longer need a crash helmet to protect my head!

JILL
Guest Contributor
We like it also but it’s alot more and we don’t use our boat enough mainly because it’s been too hot. We are in South Florida.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Jill We ae also in South Florida, Punta Gorda to be exact, where are you?

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
I am curious on ballpark figures. Everywhere I check, it says to call for quote, but I don't want to get harassed by a sales person if it's way off budget. Can someone offer a real world 'ballpark' figure?

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Wai. phung for which yacht?

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
Lady Patricia, 400 or 460. I'm right under the 40' mark for my current SR and have been itching it jump into the 40+ size, just never got around to actually shop for it.

JILL
Guest Contributor
lady Patricia - we are in the Fort Lauderdale area......wai.phung - if you are interested in the 400 Sundancer we'd like to sell ours because we are not able to use it enough with work, etc and we have become more day boaters so the newer 400 Sundancer or any 40+ boat isn't right for us anymore. We just tool around the intercoastal and stop at restaurants. No overnight or weekend stays. I'd rather sell it privately so someone get a great deal on a great boat. It's a 2016, warranty still and professionally maintained.

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
Jill, do you have any pics? Not sure if this forum has PM....

JILL
Guest Contributor
wai.phung - here’s some pics from my phone...it’s loaded with all the options..2 heads, haudraulic swim platform...

JILL
Guest Contributor

JILL
Guest Contributor

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
It's beautiful

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
wai.phung You are looking at about $600K for a 400 and about $800 to $900 for a 460. depending on how equiped

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
Jill, can you email me some info and price? [email protected]
Thanks