cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello to all the members of this...

fcastillo
Guest Contributor

Hello to all the members of this group. I just integrate and I find it very useful. Thank you for the opportunity

I want to ask if anyone knows where I can buy the letters "195 Sport", to replace them.

I have not done well in the search.

I send greetings from Chile.

Atte.,

Francisco Castillo

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Has the Sea Ray dealership been contacted for replacement parts?

If unavailable, then why not just capture great photographs and accurate measurement so that a decal company may create reproduction parts?

My search did not locate OEM replacement parts.

After removal, wet sand the fiberglass. I usually use 600 grit up to 2,000 grit. Then rubbing compound, followed by polishing compound.

That helps to remove the "ghost letters" and to remove the elevated surface that was protected by the existing letters.

fcastillo
Guest Contributor
Hi Wingless, I am very grateful for your response.

I will follow your advice and send you to make the lyrics in Chile, it is the best option. You've been very kind.

Taking advantage of your goodwill, do you think I would gain something in the performance of my boat, if I buy a steel propeller and exchange it for the current one of aluminum?

Atte.,

Francisco Castillo

fcastillo
Guest Contributor
Another question: How and where can I know or know what parts I need to buy. For example, a windshield that I want to change? Forgive my total ignorance, but I am new to this. Thank you. FC

wingless
Rising Contributor
This link compares aluminum to stainless.

https://www.boats.com/resources/which-is-best-aluminum-or-stainless-steel-boat-propeller/

wingless
Rising Contributor
A windshield replacement is complex and expensive.

Check with Taylor Made Products to see if they can provide the required parts.

https://www.taylormadeproducts.com/windshield-glass-solutions/

fcastillo
Guest Contributor
Thank you, you have been extremely kind. FC