cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 02 510 sundancer with...

Flynlyon
Guest Contributor

I have a 02 510 sundancer with standard swim platform.. think max weight is 550llbs..   im looking at buying a inflatable weighing in at 430lbs and 12 feet long..   any thoughts on the length..

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Don't forget to include the weight of gear, like an engine and full fuel tank.

Flynlyon
Guest Contributor
Thanks.. loaded 30hp Suzuki and fuel. 430lbs. What's your opinion on the length, 12 ft. Im a little concerned might be to long. Not sure of the swim step length. Boats in Florida and I'm back in Washington..

wingless
Rising Contributor
IMO, length is okay.

My 10½' inflatable was used on the snap davits on my 13' beam 380DA until the fabric disintegrated in the Florida sunlight.

My 11½' Columbia dinghy is not used w/o issues on Sea Ray davits on that same boat.

When the dinghy is in place, passengers board at the bow of the dinghy, through the port side cockpit door. No issues.

Securing starboard side lines when docking has less than optimal access.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Fixed wording...

My 11½' Columbia dinghy is used w/o issues on Sea Ray davits on that same boat.

Flynlyon
Guest Contributor
Thanks... think ill get the 12 footer then.. plan on heading to the Bahamas early November..

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I would suggest measuring the swim platform width and depth. My beam is 15' 2" and the swim platform is over 2' narrower. I went with the 10' Dinghy because I didn't want the outboard motor shaft to extend beyond the rub rail at the stern. I've seen more than one outboard get destroyed by a dock. Also, it gives me more room to get on and off the boat via the swim platform. I could have purchased a larger dinghy, but would have given up room on the platform. I'm just recommending that you measure very carefully to get the best position.