cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a leak in the aft cabin...

Weekend_at_Bern
Guest Contributor

I have a leak in the aft cabin of my 2018 SeaRay 400 Sundancer (see photo). MarineMax has removed ceiling panels and we had many rain storms with the shrink wrap off while on the hard without any leaking. No water or pink antifreeze leaking while commissioning the water systems.  Of course, after splashing and running the boat on plane, water was noted leaking on the port and starboard ceiling of the aft cabin.  So our best guess is that rain water is getting in somewhere, trapped forward, and runs aft port and starboard when on plane. Where is it coming from???  We have checked seals and drains on hardtop sunroof and the calk on all joints looks intact with minimal dry rot cracking. Have been troubleshooting since last season, running hose water starting low and working up without reproducing leak. Only other place we have noted water marks is on the bottom of the fuse cabinet next to the helm. Has to be coming somewhere high and running low….   Have anyone had this problem and found where it’s coming from and how to fix?  It has been suggested to remove every piece of hardware and recalk, but can’t reproduce where the leak is coming from and removing cleats and bow rails would be major work and may not solve problem.  Please Help!  Thank You fellow boaters!

4 REPLIES 4

Naut_Home
Guest Contributor
I had the same leak 2 seasons ago in the aft cabin of my 2016 SR 400 Fly ( similar boat). Had MarineMax re-caulk all along where salon cabin was attached to the hull, problem solved.

BLDC
Guest Contributor

I had the same work done and I believe the leak has come back.  Did you have further leaking?

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I'm sure this is not your issue but for anyone else following this thread. We had a leak in our 2010 390 in the back of the galley ceiling close to the electronic panel. Went through various hose tests. Thought it had to be around the windshield. Opened up the access points that look like speakers which give you access to the windshield wiper motors. The windshield water hose was broken so only leaked when you trying to clean the windshield.

BLDC
Guest Contributor

Did you solve this mystery?