cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have enjoyed a 1997 Sea Ray 400...

Eph1
Guest Contributor

I have enjoyed a 1997 Sea Ray 400 Sunndancer for the past 7 years. Many trips to the Bahamas and even to Cuba.  I love the boat but I am looking for a newer/larger boat.  I am looking at 2006 to 2008 44s or 2004 to 2006 48s.  I want to stay at the 285k range, if possible.  Any and all suggestions, recommendations and/or cautions are welcomed.  I have been advised to stay away from the Zeus pods.  Is this true.  Many thanks. Eph  

6 REPLIES 6

Capt_Rick
Guest Contributor
I have a 2003 480 Sedan Bridge that we want to sell as we are looking to buy a 560 searay, the boat is up getting the bottom painted and hull detailed .If your interested email me [email protected]

stu0424
Guest Contributor
Hi Eph. We had a 1998 400 Sundancer - great boat! We moved up to a 2001 540 Sundancer...also a great boat but too big. The 44 is a newer version of your boat (actually might be a bit smaller). I have several friends with the 480 and they love it. Everyone I turn to for advice says to stay away from Zeus Pods.

M___K
Guest Contributor
Hi EPH,
We are in Central FL, and recently purchased an ‘07. 40 Motor Yacht series ( aft cabin) not the Sundancer. Twin Cummins... anyway before our purchase I contact two local marine diesel repair shops. They offered almost identical advice: Zeus Pods /Volvo pods... stay away. They work fine when they work but are a major expense to service and repair. They also agreed about Volvo.... one quote “ Volvo is like Tiffany’s... very expensive snd hard to find parts.”

On another note I’d like to pick your brain about Your Bahamas trips . We did them in our previous boats with outboards. Now it is a different game for us. Is there a way to PM you on this forum?
Thank You

JohnBoy
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 480 Motor Yacht , hydraulic lift with 12 ft AB RIB w/ 30HP Nissan 4 stroke with Bimini and full cover, now included: all new hoses, 1000 hour service done at 900 hours, new starters, new house batteries, new thruster charger and batteries, life raft in canister, 8 coats of PolyGlow on topside, and hull, looks like new fiberglas; new fuel tank senders; walker Air Sep systems for Cummins QSM 11's with about 950 hours, Onan 13.5 Kw with about 1600 hours...….spurs on shafts, props balanced and spares never off the shelf, No brokers! respond to [email protected] Pensacola . Bottom paint just redone, and boat washed regularly and bottom wiped by diver monthly. On Boat trader.

D_Etch
Guest Contributor
EPH, Stu0424....I have a '99 400 DA with Cat 3116's. Am looking to identify those with essentially the same config to collaborate. I look to be able to give back by videoing maintenance actions. I'm due for oil and fuel filter swaps but can't find a video depicting the marine 2116's primary and racor fuel filter. Does anyone know of one? Cheers....

JohnBoy
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 SEA RAY 480 Motor Yacht and need a sun pad cover replacement. ANY suggestions for a source, or should I just take the remnants to a local marine canvas guy? thanks

John W. Merting, Esquire
Board Certified Admiralty and Maritime Attorney
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
258 Sabine Dr.
Pensacola Beach,
FL 32561
Office: 850-454 9584
E-mail: [email protected]