cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet ski...anybody have experience...

JerryF
Guest Contributor

Jet ski...anybody have experience hauling a jet ski on a 44 or 420 Sundancer with diesels on a hydraulic swim platform. Does the boat become noticeably tail heavy? Performance wise can the boat comfortably handle the extra 500 lbs+/-? Thanks for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4

CaptKC
Guest Contributor
I have a 48 Sundancer and hauled a Wave Runner on the hydraulic swim platform may times and can barely tell its back there. While the 48 is a bigger boat with bigger engines, my sense is that you will not have any problem hauling a PWC on your 44/420

Vis
Guest Contributor
We haul a 350# dinghy on our 44 (diesel) and it is noticeable. The weight is centered and forward as much as possible. The GHS shows a capacity of 800# but the dinghy alone pulls the exhaust ports almost even with water level.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
In many cases the fix is to install larger trim tab plates. This will increase stern lift. Many 40' SR owners have solved this problem this way. Another fix is to get a bigger boat!!

Rafael
Guest Contributor
If the chocks are properly installed on the platform (not too far back) it wont be noticeable. I have mine installed 1" back of the sweet spot on my '09 43' (to create a little more platform room) and did not notice a change in attitude