cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning, I dove into these...

Phat
Guest Contributor

Good morning, 

I dove into these threads and found what I thought was a fix on my port engine, apparently it wasn't.  2001 SB 400 with a pair of Cat 3126s.  The port engine would turn over but not start, so in looking around I noticed people were saying to replay the Fuel Relay, Cat 115-1516.  Well I did and it cranked up immediately!  So tried to crank up 2 days later and same problem, it just turns over.  Replaced the relay with a new backup and no change, just keeps turning over.  I did notice the this relays control voltage would come up from 11V to 13V after about 20 seconds. Is there another fuel solenoid that could be a problem?

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

This image shows the Parker Skinner hull fuel solenoid valves on my 2000 380DA w/ Mercruiser 454 engines.

The twist knobs change the function from Automatic (controlled by engine fuel pump power) to always on.

The Sea Ray factory uses a custom tee electrical wiring harness to branch off the Mercruiser fuel pump powering to control this hull fuel solenoid.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48901381777_a53823f14b_c.jpg

The fuel system on your boat may be similar.

Phat
Guest Contributor
Thank you wingless, I'll take a look.

Captain_Mark
Guest Contributor
I have owned my 3126's for 14 years and have replaced the 12v relay that serves the fuel solenoid. One in each engine electrical box. The BWD brand #R3112 is what I have installed now for 10+ years without a problem. With my E.R. hatch open I can hear the fuel solenoids snap back into the open position by moving my helm switch to the "on" position. If no snap, than no run....
Diesels are a simple beast, they need air, fuel and you not to exceed rated temps for that engine.
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.