cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I posted a ? a couple of weeks...

Genny
Guest Contributor

I posted a ? a couple of weeks ago tying to get some feedback from anyone who's experienced repowering with the new 383 Strokers?

Haven't heard from anyone yet. Somebody must have gone through this, I can't be the first!

16 REPLIES 16

Lady_Jane
Guest Contributor
Hi Jenny. We have a 2003 240 Sundancer. Although I didn’t do the swap myself, it has a new 383 magnum Stroker in it with a Bravo III out drive and dual counterrotating props at a 24 pitch. Although it doesn’t jump up out of the hole very fast, it’s a big boat, it has tons of power and torque on the top end and goes really fast. We love the motor.

Solaris
Guest Contributor
I have an 06 Sundeck 240 with the 5.0 mpi that I am having to do either a rebuild or repower on. I have been quoted 14k for a new 383 stroker installed against 6.5k for a rebuild. I love the boat, everything else on it is flawless, so I am going to do a repower with the 383. However, I will do it around March next year, no sense in doing it now when the boat will be covered up in a couple of weeks for the next few months. If you go on the ClubSeaRay forums there is someone on there that has done this same swap and re-propped at 26p. He is very happy with the swap, gets about 50mph WOT and a great hole shot.

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
Genny, the traffic in here is sometimes low. You might get more answers in clubsearay.com or on the sea ray owners Facebook page. Hope that helps!

CaptZ
Guest Contributor
You will be pleased , tons of torque

baby
Guest Contributor
Genny Just did a repower onout 2001 260 Sundancer with a
6.3 383 Stroker 350 Hp. Just got it out of the shop. Have not taken it out yet but expect to have a big improvement over
the 5.7 removed. will let you know.

Genny
Guest Contributor
Please do

baby
Guest Contributor
Genny Just took our 260 Sundancer out today with the new
383 Stroker. Went very well. Great improvement . Up on
plain quicker and very smooth. Time on engine 5.5 hrs.

Genny
Guest Contributor
Good news!

Drago
Rising Contributor
I have two 383s in my 290 AJ. She is abit slow out of the hole but top end is around 50ish

Genny
Guest Contributor
WOW....what does she weigh? Did you have to change props?

Drago
Rising Contributor
Dry weight is 11,500. I figured up one time around 13000 wet. One note is the boat was put together by a Mercruiser Mech for himself. The engines has some smaller up grades like roller lifters and other tewks.

Genny
Guest Contributor
My 310 DA is 12,500 dry, so not alot of difference. Also, the hull is pretty much the same. I could go up to 40, from 31.?

Genny
Guest Contributor
By the way Drago, are you running V-drives, or stern drives?

DannyB
Guest Contributor
I dropped a reman 383 Mag Stroker in my 2001 260DA and I've been very pleased with its performance. It was in the freshwater of the California Delta until this past March when I moved to Cabo San Lucas and brought her with us. She's now fishing the Sea of Cortes and the Pacific and spends her off tome in dry stack at Puerto Los Cabos.

Genny
Guest Contributor
Sounds like you're livin' the dream Danny, thanks for the feedback.

96_Sundance_330
Guest Contributor
I have a 1996 330 Sundancer, V drive boat that has been repowered with Mercruiser 383 strokers. Have about 250 hours and love the way they perform. Only additional thing you will need to do is to drop the pitch on the props due to the higher WOT recommended for the 383's. I have sealed fresh water cooling system. Find the best cruising speed to be at about 3,900 rpm. Hope this helps.
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.