cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

05 Sundancer 280 the gage that...

PetroCove
Guest Contributor

05 Sundancer 280 the gage that shows if the alpha drives are up or down are not working. This is a 4 function gage and everything else is working fine. I hoping it’s something that can be fixed with taking the boat out of the water. Any suggestions?Both gages not working .

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
According to the schematic in the Owner's manual, page 15 of 26, the trim sensor wires go to one side of a connector, then don't proceed on to the instrument cluster.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UNx/L3iuIuCOGQDF2bjzxq9QReZbCpgCumkzeFy1kdtQ4BU

Did that trim sensor ever work?

The wiring diagram does not show the wiring to that four function gauge.

It might be that Sea Ray or the local Sea Ray dealership could provide a more complete wiring diagram.

It may be that the boat may be reworked to permit that display to work, assuming it has never worked, or repaired to restore operation.

PetroCove
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the quick response, I am unsure if it ever worked not something I paid much attention to. I use my trim tabs and not the engine to get my boat on a plane. But I am selling the boat and the buyer has made the sale contingent on this function working. The diagram you attached is for a 240 is it the same on a 280?

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

Sorry for the wrong document. No, the 280DA is totally different than the 240DA.

Here is the correct one, for a 280DA.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UOG/_m_K73Lc5IlDzRksWLDfROaw5eUrAhTCsSsC18n3v_Q

On page 21 of 44, Sea Ray did the same thing. The tilt sensor wires go into a connector and no wiring comes out of that connector at those contact locations.

My speculation is that (assuming the wiring diagram is correct) that someone w/ either some wiring skills (easy / hopeful solution) or with wiring and electronic skills (much more involved and probably the reason it was never connected in the first place) could dig into this system and attain the desired / expected result.

My suggestion is to show the potential buyer the link and my post, plus your take on operation w/o that gauge and they may conclude this "bell and whistle" is not a show stopper.