cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003 amberjack 290.  Trying...

DanS
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003 amberjack 290.  Trying to remove the galley table post to convert to a bunk.

Any tips to dislodge as it is stuck in the mount which is covered by carpet

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
In my case, for a situation like this, I have an index card w/ the full list of profanity words, so I don't omit loudly vocalizing any during that operation.

My interpretation of the inquiry is how to separate the tapered table shaft end from the tapered shaft receptacle.

If correct, then when mine gets stuck I apply sideways force at the far end of the shaft, to rock that stuck joint.

When I do mine I apply force, indexing about 150°, to work around and around the circle.

My suggestion is to not hammer onto the shaft.

Perhaps a small amount of lubricant applied to the stuck joint will help.

DanS
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the tips

John_CT
Guest Contributor
I have a rubber mallet from Harbor Freight that I use. I tap around the top of the post and that frees up the bottom.

DanS
Guest Contributor
LOL.. I will need a rubber sledge hammer to loosen mine. Hope Harbor Freight carries them!

wingless
Rising Contributor
One other option is to insert a large diameter pipe into the shaft after removing the table to increase the lever size.

Regardless, try to not distort the shaft end shape, to permit normal usage after completion of the removal steps.

Skip_Seal
Guest Contributor
Get an aerosol can of gum remover, freeze the tube then tap it around the base with rubber mallet.