cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 340, 8.1 V drives, bolt broke...

JBD_s_Regina_Ma
Guest Contributor

2008 340, 8.1 V drives, bolt broke on port side motor mount.  Engine shifted forward but ran fine.   I only noticed because the gap between the strut and prop was much smaller than other side.   This ever happen to anyone?   Any advice?

Also, Generator keeps shutting down almost immediately with LOC error.   Checked coolant and topped it off, strainer is clean.   Any other suggestions?   Anything I can do while in storage for the winter?  

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Definitely fix the motor mount and restore the engine to the correct position.

According to the Interlink: LOC (Loss of Coolant) error is Kohler's poor error description for the water pressure sensor going below 0.5 psi, not the antifreeze coolant. Best thing to do as a test is disconnect the water pressure switch on the side of the heat exchanger and see if it runs more reliably.

Into_the_Mystic
Guest Contributor
I kept getting same loc error. Turned out to be a plugged waterway where pressure sensor is installed. If you’re not familiar with it, the sensor is on bottom side of exhaust just pass heat exchanger. Being on the bottom, sediment accumulates and eventually plunged the hole so no water was getting to switch. I removed sensor and cleaned out hole with a piece of wire. I started it with sensor out to make sure flow was good. After I cleaned it out no more loc codes.