cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 370 Venture. Does anyone know...

Surface_Interva
Guest Contributor

2013 370 Venture. Does anyone know where they 'hid' the amplifier for the Sony stereo system. They show it in the wring diagram but I have removed every panel that I can find and do not see it. It would make sense that they should have put it behind the stereo or TV panel in the front cabin but it is not there. I can track the 2 wires from the stereo back down the starboard side towards the aft but don't see an amplifier. 

7 REPLIES 7

Sundancer_310
Guest Contributor
I have a 2007 310, my factory amp is behind the hinged seat back on the aft bunk, starboard side. Not sure if that helps.

Escape_Cay
Guest Contributor
I have a 370 Venture too. Glad to connect and share. Our boats are quite different from the typical Sea Ray? I'm not sure where the amp is, but maybe look behind the main control panel in the salon? Be careful to have power off when you do that. I had a loose ground wire back there that was causing all sorts of odd problems. "Not built to work on" is the way they do it. I will read your other posts and now

The_Bee_Hive
Guest Contributor
Glad to find someone else who has this boat! I actually found it after calling sea ray. I have a diagram of you need but its aft by the couch. You have to pry off the panel next to that storage compartment to access. One of the channels went bad on the amp so I replaced

Escape_Cay
Guest Contributor
Thanks. Good info to store for the future. Have you guys had performance issues with the engines? I have found a very good independent service tech who is Mercury certified. I had one of the engine covers not secured well and it leaked seawater in corroding spark plugs and shorting out two coil packs. So be sure the covers are tight!

Surface_Interva
Guest Contributor
Found the amp. There are actually 2 250W apms. Here is a pic of the layout. I assume this came out of a full manual from Sea Ray. It would be great to get the full manual. Working on it and will share if successful. Bee Hive was correct when he said pry. Broke all of the plastic clips but nothing some velcro can't fix.

The_Bee_Hive
Guest Contributor
Interesting. It depends on the trim I believe. I have the upgraded sound system with the subwoofer so there is one 4 channel amp in that location.

The_Bee_Hive
Guest Contributor
Escape, I haven't had any issues with the engines "knock on wood" I have put about 45 hours on them this season logging around 17 different trips