cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have an issue with moisture...

barrytampa
Guest Contributor

Anyone have an issue with moisture on the inside of the gauges? Just started on my 2013 26' SD. How can it be fixed?

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
The best way is to prevent water intrusion in the first place. I use a custom cover when not using the boat.

When I get fogging I cover the gauges w/ a towel and leave on the running lights / dash lights. On my boat the problem is resolved overnight.

barrytampa
Guest Contributor
boat is stored high & dry, but once on the water the moisture on gauge lens starts.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Are the gauges getting wet during operation?

http://images6.boattrader.com/resize/1/74/9/6337409_20170831095517986_1_LARGE.jpg?w=640&h=480&t=1256961

barrytampa
Guest Contributor
No, seems like when the sun light hit them. I can take a picture the next time I take her out, which should be in a couple of weeks.

wingless
Rising Contributor
It sounds like there is water vapor within the gauge that then condenses on the glass interior under certain conditions.

Can the running lamps be left on overnight to dry the interior? If not, then can a jury rig be implemented that only powers the gauge lamps, for an overnight or longer?

My experience is that daytime elimination of interior condensation using lamp heat is impossible. My experience is that a towel draped over the gauges w/ those lamps on helps to eliminate that interior water / water vapor.