cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLARION XMD1 Radio HELP Needed...

Den
Guest Contributor

CLARION XMD1 Radio HELP Needed - (in 2001 Sea Ray 280 SS) - ......Need advice on how to connect (reconnect) speakers to Clarion XMD1 radio. There are (6) speakers; two in the cabin; (2) mid cockpit and (2) rear cockpit.  The (2) cabin speakers are connected to the appropriate wires coming from the back of the radio as are the (2) mid cockpit speakers and they work fine.

The(2) rear cockpit speakers are not working and I am not sure how to connect these. There are two loose speaker wires  near the radio back but there is no place to connect them; the front and rear speakers wires coming off the radio are already in use. Is there some special connection? There are two double dongles coming off the radio back with RCA plugs...Do I need to connect these loose wires with RCA plugs to the dongles or should I double up the connections going to the "rear" speakers (eg the mid cockpit speakers)

Also. How do I connect a powered amplifier & subwoofer to this radio? Thanks

Dennis (Buffalo, NY)

1 REPLY 1

Islamoradamoon
Guest Contributor
My six speaker system has a powered amp located in the aft cabin area, under the mirror on the port side. That powered amp is handling all four cockpit speakers I believe.