cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to take down...

gsshelley
Guest Contributor
Does anyone know how to take down this rather large cabin panel. an optional message...
4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
It sounds like retrieval of the vent motor wire is starting.

Thanks for the image.

My speculation is that the salon door upper trim must be removed first. It looks to be on top of that upper panel.

On my boat (2000 380DA) all of those interior trim parts are wooden parts covered w/ glued on padded fabric. Those wooden parts are screwed onto the boat, w/ clearance holes in the wood and Phillips head oval head screws.

Note that no screws are visible.

The factory glues most of the padded fabric to the wood, except leaving a half circle not glued near the edge at each screw. The screw is used to attach the part, then the fabric stretched back over that screw and tucked around the edge.

The "easy" way to locate the screws is by feel, carefully pushing to compress the foam and to feel the screw head. Count on several near each corner for strength, then spaced out 6-9" along the run.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Note it might be possible to simplify the repair by "only" removing the screws along that long arch, permitting it to be manually pulled away from the ceiling enough to fit an arm to poke the wire back up through the hole.

Either way, if that wire is too short, take this repair to also properly lengthen the wire before poking it up through the hole. Leave the excess wire loose between the ceiling panel and the upper deck.

gsshelley
Guest Contributor
Great input and much appreciated.

Yes I'm trying to retrieve the vent window motor wire which became shorter and shorter over the years and accidentally slipped from my fingers in the small hole where it disappeared into the abyss. Hopefully under the ceiling panel there is an access point to gain entry into an area where I can find the wire, splice in a tail, then push it back through the small hole. Sea Ray could help me but won't as my boat is over 10 years old. Not a great policy in my opinion and my dealer who Sea Ray refereed me to, can't tell me anything for definitive about an access point..

wingless
Rising Contributor
Great news that the vent window wiring was able to be lengthened and restored by pulling down part of the headliner board.

Glad it worked!