cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post!!  Help please. Easy...

SR_official_Own
Guest Contributor

First post!!  Help please. Easy one:

95 300DA Sundancer with 3 batteries running bow to aft on the starboard side.  

Which battery is house battery? I assume:

Rear bat = Port

Middle bat = House

Front bat = Starboard

Can a few people give some feedback please.  Thx. 

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

It might be required to determine the configuration yourself.

Does the boat have a generator? If so, then the setup might be port / gen / starboard. If so, then the helm may be on port or starboard and the salon on the other.

There should be battery disconnect switches or electronic contactors. Those disconnects are a good first step to understanding the configuration.

Note that if disconnecting the battery terminal, then that should be done w/ extreme care because of the huge amount of current available during a fault.

SR_official_Own
Guest Contributor
I hear ya but I I thought it would be good to understand the factory configuration first and go from their.

SR_official_Own
Guest Contributor
The books didn’t come along with the boat. Someone out there with dual 5.7 litre and Alpha 1 can hopefully take a shot of the battery configuration and send it to me.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the closest Owner's Manual available online for your boat. It might include useful information for your application.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UC8/PDG9ROfxRewa1xQyTL73itrgw6o7UnCB4AaHnsLfO1s

The Owner's Manuals, especially those earlier years, were generic in many aspects. For those earlier boats there were dealership-only documents w/ specific detail.

SR_official_Own
Guest Contributor
Thank u Wingless.