cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, I have a '98 Sundancer...

Church_Parking_
Guest Contributor

Greetings, I have a '98 Sundancer 330 that the fresh water supply pump keeps cycling.  The water level was run low and the pump was accidentally turned on when it was low. Could the pump be bad now or is there air in the system?

10 REPLIES 10

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
You have air someplace still and it’s compressing. Make sure you run all the hot and cold faucets to get the air out, especially any locker washdown spigot or cockpit sink.

Church_Parking_
Guest Contributor
Thanks Chris. I will give that a try.

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
I second air in the system. Fill the tank and start at the furthest faucet open hot water first until it stops spitting then do cold and work your way back to the closest faucet.

Church_Parking_
Guest Contributor
I have opened every spigot on the boat and let them run until there is no air in the lines. I even turned on the ice maker. It is still cycling every couple of seconds. It actually sounds like it has increased in frequency to every 2-3 seconds. I am at a loss here.

Vinster
Guest Contributor
Have you checked the gasket on the screen filter at the pump?

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
I had a similar issue on my 380, ended up the spigot in the aft locker was barely dripping, I must of bumped it putting fenders away. Maybe something like that. I also have heard of issues when the screen filter that is at the pump gets dirty

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Just had the same issue as well. Ended up having a crack on my water inlet spigot in the aft locker. The water was running into the rear deck drain and I didn't see it as I was usually washing the boat down at the same time.

Church_Parking_
Guest Contributor
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Embarrassed to say that it was a loose fitting on the hot water tank causing a slow leak and emptying the water holding tank. As the tank emptied it caused the pump to cycle more. Once I tightened the fixture and refilled the water tank everything works like new.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Thanks for commenting on the solution. It lets everyone know what things to look for if they have the same issue.

beau1
Guest Contributor
Good to hear problem fixed. Prolonged cycling could ruin your pump motor due to overheating. As long it is still running, it is fine. Pump could cycle when air is present in the output line so I would turn on the faucet to remove some air at initial start.