cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a 2008 29' Amberjack that...

falcor
Guest Contributor

Have a 2008 29' Amberjack that is listing on the Starboard side.  My moisture meter is show that the area where the hot water tank sits is high moisture content . Does anyone  know if the area below the hot water tank is foam filled. This would be between the outer hull and first stringer .It was suggested that I drill a hole in the top of the platform in front of the tank to see if is , also if it is water or salt water.

Have contacted Sea Ray, but have not heard back.

3 REPLIES 3

Pilotwood51
Guest Contributor
I have a Sundancer 310 that also lists to starboard. Could it be the holding tank?

falcor
Guest Contributor
My holding tank is on the Port side, hot water tank is on the Starboard side but is enpty. Sea Ray Tech support said to drill a hole below the hot water tank shelf and see if water drains. They also sent a drawing of the areas of the boat which are "foam filled" I plan on cutting/drilling a 4" hole on the Starboard shelf just in front of the water heater to see if water has seeped into the plywood/fiber encased cavity which is 2.3 lbs per cubic ft foam filled Thanks for the reply.

Drago
Rising Contributor
I would bet it is foamedinside. However but any leak would have to go thru the fiberglass deck to get to that area nad I would think it would run out into the bilge area long before it seeped into the spar area. If its got water, I suspect its entering from another source.